Records in this category
- Why was my ad rejected?
- Why wasn't my ad in the magazine?
- How do I post an ad?
- Why do I get "input error" when I try to respond to an ad?
- When will my ad be approved?
- How can I pay for an ad?
- What photo format should I use?
- My photo won't load. What's the problem?
- The verification field doesn't work. I keep getting error messages.
- Ad rejection e-mails explained.
- How do I reply to online ads?
- What's the difference between Individual and Commercial Enterprise?
- Can I attach a photo when using the contact form?
- Are ads seeking interns paid ads?
- Will my paid print ad and online ad run at the same time?
- I'm trying to post a free ad, but it's charging me ¥2000. What gives?
- Can I submit my ads by fax?
Why was my ad rejected?
There are a few reasons why ads are rejected. The following are the most common.
1. Not a free ad: if you are selling goods or services for profit (this includes private language lessons), then your ad needs to be submitted to Commercial Classifieds. For package descriptions, please see "Packages."
2. Explicit photos: the first time, the photo(s) might just be deleted, leaving the rest of the ad intact and approved, but repeat offenders will find that their ads are rejected.
3. Explicit language: keep your language as clean as possible, especially in the "Magazine Text" section. Writing "I like S&M, heels, and spanking" is one thing, but save the more intimate details of what you like for correspondence with those who respond.
4. Protecting our users from scammers: if we have reason to believe the poster is lying about the quality of the product (or him/herself in the case of a personal ad), the ad will be rejected to protect potential clients.
5. Flooding: if you submit the same ad, or almost the same ad, multiple times, you will discover that the copies are rejected or deleted. Submitting multiple times will not make your ad more likely to appear in print, just more likely to be rejected.
6. Name in e-mail: if the e-mail address you supply for your ad includes your full name, and if we deem that this could have adverse affects, then your ad will be rejected. This is especially true for "Personals." This is done to protect our users, so please, have an address free of personal information.
2250/27%Last update: 2010-12-22 04:22
Author: Metropolis Classifieds
You cannot comment on this entry